If you just read that word and are ready to jump ship thinking this may be too "woo-woo" for you, please stay with us. Jessica does an amazing job of connecting the spiritual and tangible side of this topic and making it applicable to small business owners, to create better results in both life and work.
Why is mindset important?
We’re all guilty of creating some scary stories in our head about why something isn’t working in our life or in the work we do. At the end of the day, these stories are just that, a perception that is not based in reality.
These stories can crush your confidence and lead to paralysis, depression, comparison, competition anxiety, and distractions. And those things don’t feel good or help move us where we want to go!
A healthy mindset can help us get where we want to go and achieve big things.
Jessica asks, “what if mastering your mindset and building a plan around what you think and what you believe was the only strategy you needed to build your business? What if it was that simple?”
Sign us up!
There are truly so many nuggets of wisdom in this AMA, you’ll want to listen to the whole thing, but here are a few of our favorite takeaways:
- Jessica’s incredible healing story from having a heart attack at 39 years old and 2 months postpartum, to becoming a firm believer in beliefs and how they influence thoughts, and in her case, choosing to live and heal.
- The idea that what you think creates what you feel which creates inspired action which creates results (read that a few times to let it sink in!)
- There are 3 beliefs that will help you drive results and focus in your business:
- You have something of value to offer! What you do is something that people need and want!
- People are looking for you right now. Or, in the words of Rumi, “What you seek is seeking you.”
- You get to choose what you think and those thoughts will affect your results.
- Jessica also outlines the five steps to creating a belief plan that helps you feel confident, energized and unstoppable and ditch the “doing drama.”
Watch the full “Ask Me Anything” with Jessica Miller here.
Jot down the three beliefs above on post-it notes and place them where you’ll see them each day, recite each out loud and see your day take on a whole new flow!
Looking for support around mindset, business building, and more? Join us for a free Boost session where you’ll bring your latest business challenge and get input and guidance from up to 10 other smart, motivated business owners and a skilled facilitator. Make useful connections and walk away with new energy to get stuff done! Sign up here.